How to reduce your health insurance costs
- Take an excess on your plan which will reduce the annual premium - this excess will never apply to public hospitals
- Follow the latest deals from each provider.
- Ask for their best priced plan for children.
- Review your cover every year - if you have been on the same plan for more than 2 years you are most likely paying too much.
- Switch insurers - the providers will always have different deals on and as long as you are staying on the same level of cover you will not have to reserve waiting periods.
- Always claim back your day to day expenses - a lot of plans offer money back for these visits and many people do not send in their receipts.