Whether you are reviewing an existing health insurance plan or purchasing health insurance for the first time, it can be a daunting experience. There is now more choice than ever before in the Irish Market but the good news is, switching has never been easier. You will not have a break in cover and if you remain on a plan with the same level of hospital cover you will not have to reserve waiting periods.
Below are some aspects to consider when selecting a plan to suit your needs:
- Decide on a budget and give this to your adviser.
- Know the hospitals you want to be covered for - public, private or high-tech.
- Will you be planning a family? If so it is very important to discuss maternity benefits in advance with your adviser.
- Medical history - the more the adviser knows about your medical history the better. This will not effect your premium so be sure to disclose anything you feel necessary to optimise your cover.
- 'Day to Day' cover - do you frequently visit the GP, dentist or physio? If so, there are some great plans that will partly refund these.